Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Sunday, August 24, 2014

This is my first post as a Certified Zentangle Teacher. I am pleased to share my artwork, information and path to creating art that was previously outside my comfort zone.  I no longer feel like there are boundaries preventing me from creating.  The best piece of advice I had was from a lady from TheNetherlands who told me to buy a coloring book and color outside the lines.  It worked.

Zentangle is an artform for anyone.  Yes, I said ANYONE.  If you can draw a dot, a line,a curved line, or a circle, you can create Zentangle Art.  There are no mistakes in Zentangle art.  You do not use an eraser. You use a pen, ink, pencil and a 3.5" square tile.  That's it.  No expensive supplies to buy.  And the resources are endless.  The best advice, though, is to take classes from a Certified Zentangle Teacher.  I was fortunate to connect with Sue Clark in Loveland and took classes from her for over a year before becoming certified myself.  You can look at all the pictures and patterns you want, but it is the process that is the whole key.

A Zentangle has no up and down.  It is not a comprehensive picture where you are drawing an object.  It is a form of art in which you practice the idea that Anything is Possible One Stroke At a Time.  You just let your mind flow with the drawing.

I will attempt to explore this world with you and keep learning.  I hope to start a series of classes soon but have none scheduled at the present time.

6 comments:

  1. Hurray, Pat! Your blog looks good! Happy tangling ~ Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! You are off and running now! Your blog is beautiful, and thanks for the shout out! Tangle On!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Blog-o-sphere friend!!
    Hugs from the Diva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Pat! This looks great! I'll look forward to checking in with what you have been doing...

    ReplyDelete