Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Our Tangled Lives Journal - Week Four

Well, it is week four of our journal experience.  Our prompt this week started out: "If we only stay in our comfort zone I think our artwork gets flabby too. There comes a time when the best you are doing is ‘phoning it in’. You lose interest, move on to something new or pack up your supplies altogether. So this week we are going to get out of our comfort zone." So we were to pick one thing about journaling that scares us.  For me, it is the mixed media - backgrounds, paper effects, and lettering.  This week I attempted to do some gelli printing - the petals and center of the flower are prints that came out very dark, using primary colors and a copper metallic thrown in.  I didn't do any pattern work on it - this was actually a ghost.  Still learning the process.  The background of the journal page doesn't show up very well in the photo - it is a pale yellow, pink and green watercolor wash with saran wrap finish.  It was really pretty but went way into the background when I added the other parts.  I then did some collage work and the music was actually done as an image transfer using packing tape.  I do like the quote, though - "Fear is an idea-crippling, expSo erience crushing, success stalling inhibitor inflicted only by yourself!"  How true are those words?  So I really went outside my comfort zone in many ways on this one.

Then, as a last step, we were to go back to our comfort zone.  For me, I used Mooka as my go-to tangle at the base of my flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment