Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

REELy


I have a whimsical side that just wants to come out and play so badly.  I think this is why I am taking a drawing class - So that I can let that whimsy come through.   Lyn Pollock - Hands of Energy from New Zealand has tickled my fancy with some drawings she has been doing. I made a connection with her and found out her “secret”.  She looks at pictures of whimsical pottery and turns them into people.   So I was looking at whimsical teapots and found this picture of teapots by Boris Indrikov, a Russian Magical Realism painter.

Boris Indrikov [Борис Индриков] - Russian  Magical Realism painter
I saw dancing teapots – an old fashioned Victorian reel. I am naming it "REELy? Here is my freehand outline.  
There is much more to be done, including some Zentangle designs, linework and color.  It is still a work in progress and I will post later how it is coming along.

No comments:

Post a Comment