Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Sunday, March 8, 2015

My first Opus Tile

The Opus tiles are 10.5 inches square and made from the same Fabriano paper as the 3.5" tiles.  Nice to work with - different feel with the Prismacolor pencils.  This is not a favorite piece for me - I struggled with it from the start.  However, I was not going to give up.  I kept working it and finally added color to make a tile that at least was okay in my eyes.  The photo does not show the color clearly - some of it is just lighter.  Since I didn't really like the way it was going, I used it as an exercise to work with blending color pencils as that is still something I am learning and in this one used a blending pencil instead of mineral spirits with Prismacolor pencls.  I wanted to share the finished ZIA as a commitment to not giving up.

2 comments:

  1. It turned out beautiful, Pat! From the WIP that I saw until now, you really made it come alive! I'm glad you didn't give up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really pretty tile. I like all the different things to look at. The color is great.

    ReplyDelete