Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, March 2, 2015

Our Tangled Lives - Week 9 - Strengths

I came up with this week's prompt for our journal group.  It was to portray our strengths instead of trying something new.  The group blew me away.  So much artistry and experience and they shared their processes and stories so freely. I was not only impressed, I was very jealous of the artwork I saw.  And I'm not afraid to say that at all.  I have not been in a position to learn all of the processes in my past - too many obstacles in my way. I grew up on a farm in small town USA.  We sewed, knitted, crocheted, baked and cooked.  That was just the way it was.  I have dabbled in many forms and really never mastered any.  Until Zentangle came along.  Finally, I had the avenue to explore and learn and not be fearful of doing so.  I have had a great teacher and have a great group of fellow CZTs, both locally and on our FB groups.  I learn every day and try new things constantly.  I am still learning to think outside the box and let myself go.

I like the quote I found: "Strength doesn't come from what you do.  It comes from OVERCOMING the things you once thought you couldn't do."

I feel my strength is creating zendalas.  I love creating them from scratch, and never know what I am going to come up with.  I have done them black and white, renaissance, gray tone paper, and color.  I created this piece for this week's page and hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment