Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Our Tangled Lives - Week 16

Week 16 is to Play the Game.  What we dream about - a hobby we used to do but don't any more - a skill we would like to have, or something we haven't had courage or time to do but would like to.  Mine came up as a skill I would like to have.  That would be calligraphy.  Remember when we learned penmanship and thought it was crazy doing all those circles, and loops and using our whole arm?  Boy I wish I could remember all that.  I love calligraphy and want to learn it enough so that I can pen my own cards, and simple things.  So I am starting to practice - and practice - and practice.  "The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe."  That probably means true prose, but I interpret it to be the beauty of the art of calligraphy is what I believe in.  My colors didn't come across as real true - shades of blue watercolor with plastic wrap.  It is a beautiful blue.  The Calligraphy is all tissue paper applied with matte medium.  I did the quote in Micron and a simple frame.  The band across the middle is a practice piece for calligraphy,


No comments:

Post a Comment