Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Friday, June 12, 2015

Illuminated Letter Class in Colorado Springs

I had the pleasure of teaching an Illuminated Letter class to a group of 7 yesterday at Blue Twig Studio in Colorado Springs (owned by fellow CZT Deb Prewitt).  CZT Dusty Darrah was one of the group, but otherwise, they were all basically beginners, having only taken an introduction class.  So it was a challenge for me as this can be an intimidating piece to create and I needed to come up with a tile that would be challenging but doable for them. . I taught stepouts for Squid and Yewdee and showed basics of the other patterns used.  I had everyone working on the same string lines and same process.  They definitely surpised me and everyone did amazing work.  Here are a couple of pictures.  The first couple are everyone hard at work, and the last one is a picture of the pieces at the end of a four-hour class.  I asked everyone to email me a picture of their completed work.  We had such a good time.  I will be teaching this class again in October.

This is one of my tiles that was used to promote the class.

Here is the group hard at work.



And here is what they ended up with at the end of four hours.  Beautiful job done by all!


1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Pat! I bet everyone really enjoyed the class because their work is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete