Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Week 22 Our Tangled Lives

I am a heart divided.  I was born and raised in Kansas and now live in Colorado.  I still go back to Kansas 2 or 3 times a year.  Ironically when this prompt came out I was in Kansas City at my son's house.  I was there a week with him and his family, and visiting friends and other family, and then drove across the state on back highways to my old hometown which is not very big to visit my 89 year old sister-in-law and my nephew and family.  I spent the night in said hometown and spent a couple of hours just driving around.  But I started back to Colorado and know the exact curve where the beautiful Rocky Mountains come into view, having driven that route for 10 years. "you will never be at home again because part of your heart will always be elsewhere.  That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place."

No comments:

Post a Comment