Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Our Tangled Lives - Week 27

Our journey this week centered around Doors.  Doors that opened.  Doors of opportunity.  Mimi Lempert challenged us to an interpretation of opening a door, being in the right place at the right time.  How that affected us.  Well, my door was opened into the land of Zentangle.  "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door!"  Well, I finally took life into my hands, made plans to retire and opened the door to becoming a CZT.  I was definitely in the right place at the right time because the opportunities keep on coming.  I have learned so much and made so many wonderful friends.  Oh what a door!!!  I recently purchased the book "Secret Gardens" because I love creating organic ZIAs.  My inspiration for this page came from looking through that book and starting to play with some of the designs.  So another door and maybe into my favorite grotto.  We will see.  I did a light watercolor wash on the page, drew with the Micron pen, used watercolor for color and colored pencil for shading.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Pat! It looks like a lovely page from a storybook.

    ReplyDelete