Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Week 28 - Childhood Games

Our prompt this week was to journal about our childhood games - those favorite games and who we played them with.  I grw up on a farm in northwest Kansas and was the youngest child with the next one 7 years older than me.  So I really didn't have anyone to play games with.  There were always chores to do, and when you are an "only child" (more or less), you figure out what to do when you have spare time.  I had a horse - I loved that horse and we would ride the pastures for hours.  Nature was my friend.  I read voraciously.  I rode my bicycle.  We had a small piece of pavement where I could mark out a hopscotch pattern.  I played jacks - I was really good at Jacks!  I did every kind of puzzle I could find - crossword, jigsaw - and I colored!

I went to a workshop a couple of weeks ago where we learned various methods to do image transfers.  I found the horse from a magazine article about an exhibit - and the reader worked too (I shaded out her face).  I did the transfers using packing tape method.  Wow, it worked really good - I layered the packing tape to do the horse - and it all stayed in one piece.  What fun.  So here is my childhood on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment