Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Our Tangled Lives - Week 30 and 31

I combined weeks 30 and 31.  And, of course, there is a story behind my picture. I had cataract surgery last Thursday.  I have been struggling with my eyes for over a year.  Both eyes were done the same day - thus the leap of faith (in my doctor).   Oh my gosh - painless and wonderful results. The day after, I was sitting in my doctor's office waiting for him to do the post-op check, and saw a picture on the wall by artist Stephen Morath from a gallery in Santa Fe.  The colors were amazing - and I was overwhelmed.  I mentioned it to him and he told me I had probably lost about 50% of the ability to see color in my right eye, at least prior to the surgery.  So you can imagine my astonishment at this picture. I plagiarized Mr.Morath's picture in part, to capture the colors that I saw.  (I do not plan to sell the picture - it is for my own pleasure and only published on this FB page and my blog with this disclaimer - so I feel it was okay to do this) Here is my take on his art in my own style.  My colors aren't quite as vivid - I am still learning the process.  But, I have been transported to the world of beautiful colors!


No comments:

Post a Comment