Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Our Tangled Lives Week 33

I don't particularly impart wisdom by lists.  I use lists all the time though - shopping lists, to do lists, wish lists, packing list, bucket list - but I pick other ways to share wisdom.  In 2000, when my youngest son was getting ready to go into the army, even before 9/11 happened and the world turned upside down, I gave both my boys a scrapbook of their lives to that time.  The first page in the scrapbook was a copy of the lyrics of "I Hope You Dance" which was a very popular song at the time, and a Grammy winning song.  The words of that song were so powerful and I wanted both of them to hear those words and really listen.  Don't fear - take chances - look around you - don't settle - this was power!  When you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance!  So this was a mother's wisdom passed to her children.


1 comment:

  1. Hello :-) I really like the combination of this wonderful songtext and your zentangles patterns. So nicely drawn with this light colour. A good idea and great work.
    Many greetings from germany, Sandra

    ReplyDelete