Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, September 28, 2015

Diva Challenge 237

This week, the Diva has a guest challenger, Charlotte Carpentier.  She challenged us to use a stencil, but unfortunately I did not read quite clearly enough.  I did use a stencil, but didn't really use it as a string.  I used it as the template.  It a stencil I have been working on to use in an upcoming class for a fall card.  I created the stencil from leaves from my yard.  Here is the actual stencil.  You can see that I have used it a couple of times - it is almost getting its own character.


I then used pan pastels to create my image, and tangled within the image.
But I didn't stop there.  I shaded using pastel chalk pencils in the fall colors.  And then did another chalk overlay with a different stencil.


17 comments:

  1. Pat, I made the same "mistake" as did most of the other people whose sites I have visited---so maybe we didn't really make a mistake----or, as they say-----great minds think alike. ;-) Your tile is exquisite, so I hope you make many other "mistakes" this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! That is a great option and truly beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love what you did with those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've taken this up to a whole new level here. I love the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! Pan Pastels give such a soft color and I hadn't thought of using them with stencils. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous! I always look at the challenges as vague suggestions. Glad you did too or we wouldn't have seen this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful fall piece of art. I like your colors, your choosen tangles and the way you shaded. And that you put some shading upon your background with another template layer is just great. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I certainly interpreted the instructions the same way. It's all good! Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very beautiful and striking piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice! I an see why the stencil is already used! I really like how you added the second stencil overlay.

    ReplyDelete