Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Friday, September 18, 2015

Dragon Swirl Mandala

Those of you who follow me know of my love for mandala/zendalas.  Rarely do I use a template - I would rather take compass and protractor in hand and create.  I came across a You Tube video by Alena Light of a mandala called Dragon Swirl.  This is actually her patterns.  I wanted to learn the composition and do some shading on it.  I was fascinated by how this piece came about.  I thought I took a picture before shading, but can't find it.  The shading was amazing - took me two evenings to finish.  The photo doesn't do it full justice, but close. This is on 12"x12" watercolor paper.  If interested, you can find her video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTMt_XzrTzU.


No comments:

Post a Comment