Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Friday, October 23, 2015

Color on Black

I saw an instruction piece on Derwent's website using metallic colored pencils on black.  I don't have any metallic colored pencils, but decided to experiment.  I used white watercolor pencil first and did the complete outline and shading.

I then used colored watercolor pencil over the white, letting the white shade it.  I added some water using a waterbrush and it just moved the color around.  So I let it dry and then added pastel chalk pencil color to it.  I just kept layering it until I achieved this result.  Not the best, but it is on a 100# drawing paper.  For working on that paper, I think I got a good result. I probably should try the same on a Canson or Stonehenge and see how it works.  Actually I bought a new Dylusions black journal at Blue Twig Studio and maybe I should open that and try it out! I will keep experimenting.


No comments:

Post a Comment