Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Our Tangled Lives - Weeks 41 and 42

I am combining weeks 41 and 42 – which senses conjure a delightful memory, and my favorite season.

I am combining Weeks 41 and 42 - which senses conjure a delightful memory, and my favorite season.
“Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, And the storms their energy,
While cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn.”  -John Muir
The quote pretty much says it all - I actually went with what awakens my senses - and brings those memories - the mountains, the sunshine, the winds, the storms and autumn.  The storms and winds bring back childhood memories of growing up in Kansas, and I still love the sights and sounds of a good thunderstorm.  The mountains are new memories; I moved to Colorado in 2005, and fell in love with the mountains.  Autumn is pretty much my favorite season - it is the one time of the year when I can be out and about more; not too hot and not too cold.  I love the colors of autumn, and the crisp feel of the air.  

The picture is taken at Bear Lake in Rocky Mountain National Park, and my senses are all alive when I look at it!  The leaves are from my yard, dried over the weekend.  And it is all on a Colorburst background.


No comments:

Post a Comment