Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Week 45 - Purely Zentangle Layered

Karen Sandoval at Tangled Dreams has been doing pages recently where she traces tiles - regular sized, zendala, and/or bijou sized - overlapping them, and then tangling.  She treats each tile as one tile at a time.  She has created some pretty cool pages using this method - filling an entire sketchbook.  Her prompt for us this week was to do a page in this matter.

I have been dealing with family issues lately that have been mentally challenging.  So my mind has not been too straight on planning.  I find solace right now in zendalas and in mindless lines.  So I did my grouping as 3 tiles and a zendala.  One tile was my favorite mooka.  Another one I used well, printemps, dragonaire, purk and cadent.  The next tile, I used well as the string, and did a betweed variation, nzeppel, socc, with some orbs and striping accents.  The zendala was just my line work - a flower of life center, some paradox, some tripoli, and linework.  I threw in some blue chalk highlights and did a hatchwork background with a framing.  Oh, yes, I added some Trumpits in the background, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment