Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, February 29, 2016

Diva Challenge 257

Guest this week is CZT Amy Broady, who challenged us to include a metallic feature in our ZIA - bold or subtle, a major feature, or a finishing touch.  I created my entire ZIA with metallic media in my black journal.  The chainging outline is done with Pitt silver artist pen, I used Y&C Gel Extreme for detail work and the fill is Finetec watercolor.  I really love the Finetec metallic water colors.  A wide range of colors from whites to the bronze and copper and they go on the page like cream. I used the Y&C gel for the mooka, featherfall, fescu and zingers.  Some shading done with Zenstone. The silver looks white in this photograph, but it is all silver.  No white other than the light zenstone shading.

15 comments:

  1. This looks lovely on screen and I would love to see it in RL with all the silver showing properly. I like your feathers, I still haven't mastered feathers yet and love the way you even turned Dragonair into feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully composed, Pat. It is hard to get silver to show up in a photo. I'm certain that this is even more glorious in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, Pat. Great colours and patterns together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo...Shiny! And now I have another thing to add to my (growing) wish list at Blick! Beautiful tile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the featherfall looks really shiny/sparkly great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty. I'd never heard of Fin Tec paints before so I had to explore them. Oh dear, now look what you've done! That splash of bright colour is sooo effective and your patterning is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your featherfall is dancing and it has every reason to! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous. I don't want it to seem like I'm copying off some of the other commenters, but "elegant" is the first word that came to mind. I'd also love to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous. I don't want it to seem like I'm copying off some of the other commenters, but "elegant" is the first word that came to mind. I'd also love to see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I bet it really rocks in person! Love the way you did Featherfall.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! It looks like a little magic landscape to me...! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete