Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Eye of the beholder

Here's what I have been working on this morning.  I am putting together a prompt for Our Tangled Lives about looking through the world through old eyes.  I have always been challenged by drawing facial features - especially eyes.  So I decided to start working on overcoming this challenge.  I drew the eye lightly in graphite, and then worked this in colored pencil.  I think this might actually grow on me - I am really pleased with what I did.  I think the real challenge will be in creating a matching eye!!!  Just to show how time consuming this is - I used 12 different colors of colored pencil to create this one eye.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, Pat! You did fantastic! Very realistic and you can see all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your eye is really outstanding.

    ReplyDelete