Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Bijou Gem Swap

I recently participated in a swap of gemstones done on Bijou tiles.  For those who aren't familiar, Bijou tiles are 2" square.  We have all become enamored with the creation of the gemstones, adding just the right amount of  colors, the right amount of shading, the right amount of highlight, and the cracks in the gemstones.  Emily Classon, CZT organized a swap of these tiles.  We each created 10 Bijou gemstones and sent them to her, getting 10 in return.  In my 10 in return, I got 1 from Taiwan, 1 from Germany and 8 from across the United States.  Ironically, I got one from Holly Williams in Florida, who winters in Florida, but is a coffee-mate in Colorado in the summer.  Great to get one of her gemstones.  This was a great swap, a lot of fun to do, and a lot of fun to get the creations in return.
Here are the 10 Bijou gemstones I sent:

Here are the 10 Bijou gemstones I got in return:

No comments:

Post a Comment