Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, April 4, 2016

Elevator Doors

Last fall, a fellow CZT, Karen Sandoval, went on a cruise on the Danube River.  She photographed an elevator door, I think it was in Denmark, and challenged me to turn it into a ZIA.  So I finally decided it was time to start.  I got out my 9"x12" gray toned journal.  All the black pen work is done with   Micron 03 or 05 pigment pens.  The gray is a Copic Multiliner 05.  I also used some Sepia on the outside border.  The accents are white chalk and white gelly roll, and shading is regular graphite.  The border around the outside is a random Huggins pattern.  Fellow CZT Angela Werner used this pattern on a journal page and it really caught my eye.  She encouraged me to try it. This took some 12 hours to complete.  I post below the original picture, and the finished ZIA.


No comments:

Post a Comment