Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, May 9, 2016

Zero Drawing

We had a wonderful class onn  Zero Drawing, a technique found in Marie Browning's book "Pencil Magic".  Here is the piece I did in class.  It was done with a graphite background.
So all the time we were working on that, I kept thinking pan pastels.  I talked to Meredith Yuhas about it - she was our teacher for the class.  She said she had not used it that way.  I talked to a few other people and same reaction.  So, of course, I had to try it.  I did learn that I need to use a spray fixative a couple of times through the process.  But, also, I kind of like the way the color bleeds over a bit - it adds a bit of shading to the edges.  And it easily picks back up if you need to.  I will definitely play more with this - perhaps blending some colors together and using pastel chalk to highlight.  The picture doesn't pick it up very well - it is a cranberry colored background and purple LePen ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment