Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, June 20, 2016

Diva Challenge 272 - What is black and white and red all over??

The answer today is not a newspaper.  This week the Diva did what we all have done one time or another - picked up a pen she thought was black and it turned out to be some other color - in her case red.  One time I had been working on a large zendala - already had quite a bit of time in it.  I was doing some intricate linework and half way through realized I had picked up the Sepia pen instead.  I did what was natural - finished it with the Sepia pen.  It turned out quite striking.  So now I use the Sepia pen with black to get a different effect.  We all use brown Microns with our renaissance tiles, but I had some Sepia ones.  They are nearer black than brown.  Anyway, I digress.  The challenge this week is to use red with our black and white.  I did a monotangle Huggins -

14 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice and special way to draw Huggins, I love so much difference in only one tangle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I love that you added tangles to Huggins too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool tile and love the tangles within Huggins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, it is beautiful! I love the tangle in tangle style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, different from others I have seen and.... beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! I love the red with the sepia!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohmigosh! what a fantastic tile. I particularly love the pattern in the red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is REALLY striking. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! What a great idea, Huggings as string and filled with pattern. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice! Great idea to use Huggins this week.

    ReplyDelete