Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, June 27, 2016

Diva Challenge 273

Laura challenged us to a remix this week.  Long story short, we are to take an old tile and make it better.  That is not hard to do for me.  I picked a tile from July 2014.  This is just a month after I attended seminar to become a Certified Zentangle Teacher.  I still didn't know a lot about paying attention to detail, or shading, and didn't have a lot of time to devote to tangling as I still worked a full-time job.  Here is the original tile.
I was working through the book One Zentangle a Day.  It was okay, but sure doesn't have a lot of character.  Here is my remixed tile. I enhanced the patterns, added some more detail, and cleaned up some of the areas.  And then the shading.


16 comments:

  1. Beautiful Remix. Your shading and additions really enhance this tile. Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What an amazing difference those little details make! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very nice remix and it is very nice for you to see what a progress you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always amazed by the change that shading makes. Add the wonderful details and you've (re)created a lovely tile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. Your remix makes your original tile come alive. A good reminder of what enhancements can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! The shading makes all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a difference, so much learned!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Votre dession prend vie avec la mise en relief par l'ajout d'ombre. super!
    Your tile comes alive with shading. beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shading and great contrast! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You added great depth to this choice. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a remix...you did a beautiful job of shading and finding depth in this piece. I may have to go back and find some other ones that need sprucing up. This was a fun challenge and thank heaven, I actually got it done fairly early for me. Great tile!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much more texture and depth, well done!

    ReplyDelete