Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, July 11, 2016

Diva Challenge 275

Since our Diva is on the road in the U.S. right now, we have a guest challenger, Suzanne Fluhr.  Suzanne has asked us to create a tile with the events of the last week in mind - Give Peace a Chance.  I am of the same memory generation of Suzanne: the JFK assassination, RFK assassination, MLK marches, race riots, Viet Nam war.  We saw a lot of violence in those days, and many people adopted the "Peace, Man" stance.  The peace symbol grew in familiarity.  I was on a university campus at the time and protests were very common.  So this tile combines all - PEACE.  My patterns are Printemps, Echoism, Andante and Cubine.  All letters in PEACE.  I kept the coloring black and white, thinking it quite appropriate for the tile.

14 comments:

  1. I think you definitely "got" my challenge, Pat. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you definitely "got" my challenge, Pat. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice tile with peaceful tangles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black and white are definitely the colours to choose. A pretty peaceful tile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice tile. I love your lettering of PEACE. Well done and the whole tile is very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this very much and, since I've never tried Andante, you've also set a mini challenge of your own, as i will have to give it a go. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tile, Pat. I love your choice of tangles and the lettering you did. I agree that the stark black and white expresses something about our current state of affairs. I, too, remember those tumultuous days of which you wrote, and pray that we can turn our country around before it is too late. Thank you for your post.

    ReplyDelete