Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Diva Challenge 276

The Diva is on the long trek home from California, so all of her tangling is done on the move.  She challenged us all to post a tile we did while traveling.  This should bring some interesting results as a lot of the people who participate in the Diva Challenge travel quite a bit, in unique circumstances.  I am single, and rarely travel in a situation where I could tangle while traveling.  The only time that this has been possible is when I was flying to Portland, Maine for Tangle U.  Irena Lesner and I were travel mates I will say here that I am not a good flyer.  I am a nervous flyer.  I had not yet completed my tile for a Verdigogh mosaic at Tangle U. So I decided to do the tile while in flight and see if it helped me be calmer.  It did help.  So here is my tile that I did then.

9 comments:

  1. Well done, lucky you going to Tangle U, I am so envious. Brilliant Verdigogh, I find that so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with the Yorkshire Tortise. I find Verdigogh difficult, so kudos to you for increasing the level of difficulty by using it over Purk AND on an airplane. I suppose it's not surprising that tangling might ease flight anxiety. I'm not usually afraid of flying, but I find it certainly helps when I'm anxious about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both comment above; you did a great job with this tile. Glad it helped you with flying; I myself never found the courage to fly and that's a pity because my husband's daughter got married in California a month ago and I did not attend the wedding. Or become a CZT, also not possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tile! I am glad it helped to calm you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tile! How tricky is that to draw Verdigogh on top of Purk. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice! Purk is an excellent idea for pine cones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice tile! I'm glad that it helped you calm down on the flight. Tangling helps in a multitude of stressful occasions. I haven't flown since I retired, but I always loved it. So I am very glad that it helped you to cope.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not bad for a nervous flyer! And I am glad that it calmed you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the combination of both tangles! This is a beautiful work and it is very good that tangling calmed you down. I already made the same experience!

    ReplyDelete