Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Friday, September 2, 2016

Diva Challenge 282

This week we were encouraged to spill something on our tile and tangle it.  Irena Lesner, CZT, taught me a way of using hibiscus tea to color a tile.  We have spent a couple of morings creating some pretty amazing tile backgrounds.  So I took one of those backgrounds and did this week's challenge, using the pattern from Helen Williams that she posted a video for today - Plowers.  I did a little shading with prismacolor colored pencil, and added a little bit of white gelly roll highlight on the shine areas.

10 comments:

  1. Really pretty Pat! I haven't tried that tangle yet, and it looks beautiful on this background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice tangle on a very nice background; result a beautiful original tile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love the idea of using hibiscus tea-I'm going to try that. The composition using only Plower is really outstanding;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tile and love the stain and new tangle! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tile! Hibiscustea- I'll remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful colour and e very nice tangle - I'll remember that one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tile! Looks like a catch of mussels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really love this, I really want to try the Hibiscus Tea now :)

    ReplyDelete