Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Diva Challenge 290

This week is a Duotangle - N'zeppel and Flux.  I decided to do some experimenting on a black tile with pastel chalk pencils.  Boy did I ever venture into the unknown.  First of all, soooo much white.  Then trying to tone it down with chalk but still keep the patterns. I used a wonky N'zeppel grid on one side to give the larger orbs, and a more balanced grid on the other, resulting in smaller orbs. I ended up overworking the chalk to come up with this version.  Maybe I should have used a yellow instead of the pale orange - this has a ghoulish look!

6 comments:

  1. I have already seen your two tiles and I like them both but this one really is my favorite. Its looks very good on my PC and I like the white in it, that gives nice contrasts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun to experiment with colors on the black. I have done a lot with the Renaissance tiles as they just love color. I'll need to try it more with the black. This is a great piece because of the unique flavor it has, and of course, perfect tangling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both tiles are lovely! Especially I like this one! It´s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them both but this one seems to be in the spirit of the season, a bit ghoulish as you say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so hard on yourself, Pat! I think it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This great, your experiment with tone and colour really works well.

    ReplyDelete