Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Diva Challenge 296

Laura's UMT (Use My Tangle) challenge this week is Moowa.by Anna Ipsen..  Mooka is a mac'n'cheese pattern for me, but Moowa started flowing in a stilted manner for me.  So I went ahead and finished it with Laflor as a softening balance.  And ended up with contrasting by darkening open areas.

I decided to try another tile and soften it.  I created a circular pattern with it, and then interwove it.  I finished it off by framing it with Noom and a linework frame set off by Keeko and Msst.
Which one do you like best?

11 comments:

  1. Hi Pat, I saw that you posted seconds after I did! Must be the great minds thing again, haha. I like both of your tiles, but the 1st one is my favorite. It's very striking with the black background for the Moowa, and the delicate tangles you used with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny. I just showed it to my coffee group and they agreed. And I thought it was too stilted. But then you know I am my worst critic!!

      Delete
  2. I too love the composition of both your tiles.... but I really like the one with the black background. Great choice of accompanying Tangles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just something about adding some black that makes tangles really demand attention. That's why I like the first one more. Although, the second one is pretty with the softer look. I had to look up Laflor. Lovely tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both tiles are lovely, in the last one Moowa seems to be dancing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them both and can't pick which one I like better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful compositions on your two tiles. The second is very fun !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too like them both... I love how moowa bumps up against the pattern (I'm not sure what it's called) and then blooms into those flowers... the black really makes it striking. I also like the second tile, I really like how keeko dissolves into mist. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are wonderful compositions. My favorite is the first one. The choice of floral patterns and the shading is great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. both of these tiles are great! I do love the organic composition in the first one. It's all lovely;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tiles - wuith great Moowa :-)

    ReplyDelete