Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, January 16, 2017

Hello on Monday night

Well, Monday night.  We dodged the big ice storm over the weekend.  The warnings were of an armageddon ice storm approaching - for 3 days.  Everyone was wiping out the grocery store shelves, and getting ready to hunker down for the duration.  The NFL moved the Chiefs game to Sunday night for the safety of the fans.  And then we avoided the big one.  We got a little bit of ice - more on ground than on roads.  Lot of drizzle and rain - but no big ice storm with loss of power, etc.  It hit in other areas, but not here.  So I was glad we were spared, even though I didn't leave the apartment all weekend.  Just in case.  And I keep those that were affected in my thoughts and hope everyone is okay.

So the Square One focus pattern this week is Lollywimple.  I combined it with Mooka and Tink.


I am working through a book called "Create Art at the Speed of Life" by Pam Carriker.  I just finished Lesson 3, dealing with analagous colors.  I had been putting this lesson off as I am so uncomfortable with watercolors.  But I finally finished it.  I did some embellishing with white gel pen and added some Zentangle patterns around the page.  I am still uncomfortable with watercolor but will work through it and practice more.  Also, I want to work more on lettering.
On May 15, 2016, I posted my WIP on this Opus tile I started in the Focus on Opus class at Tangle U. I incorporated a Compass Rose (thanks Kate Lamontagne) in one corner and a basic zendala in the other for balance. Color is Derwent watercolor pencils with Prismacolor shading. It has taken me this long to put the final touches on it. I added some prismacolor shading, graphite shading, and just more linework. First is the WIP and then the final product.

So that is my week in review.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you weren't affected by the ice storm. Love all your pieces here, especially the Opus tile, Wow!

    ReplyDelete