Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, January 23, 2017

Monday night hello

It's been a funky week for me.  Of course, I made it that way.  I can't believe how easy it is to fall into a "I'm not good enough" frame of mind - I did it to myself again.  I really miss my Colorado CZT friends whose energy kept me from feeling like this.  I am trying to connect with CZTs in Kansas City metro area so I can keep myself motivated and feeling good about my art.  But, like I say, I do it to myself.  This year my word is FOCUS.  Focus on getting rejuvenated in my life, and focus on keeping my art going in a positive way.

That being said - I really do feel good about my art.  It is what I do.  It is who I am.

I did meet up with five other CZTs - Deb Thingvold, Carolyn Thomas, Kelly Ashton, Susan Maes and Veronica Ward -  in Kansas City metro last week at a wonderful retreat center in Spring Hill, Kansas, owned by Kelly Ashton (The Creative Place, 118 S Main Stree, Spring Hill, KS).  A wonderful place to hold a retreat - with overnight accommodations for 15. We had a lot of fun playing with creating backgrounds using shaving cream and inks.  More to come on that as I go,  Here we are playing.


First of all, though, I did my Exercise 4 in the Primer for the Journaled and Tangled Group.  I am really enjoying doing the basics and getting grounded in the principles of Zentangle.  I think over time some of us kind of forget the cornerstones of our art.  Here is my page for Exercise 4.



The Square One focus pattern was Shelly Beachum's Mak-Rah-Mee.  I always find this a fun pattern to play with.  I added printemps, Meer and some Joki.
Here is one of the pieces I created using the backgrounds we created with the shaving cream and ink sprays.  On the left is my original tile.  I accented the tile with white gellyroll and graphite.

I am working through the book Creating Art at the Speed of Life (by Pam Carriker).  Unfortunately, I don't create it that fast.  Here is my start on Lesson 4 - we are working on monochramatic colors. The objective is to use a variety of media in only one color to create a cohesive, monochrmatic journal page. I don't know why I  chose blue - but here is my start.  I had a gelly plate piece I had done in blues that I adhered to the page and I found this wonderful lady with a Victorian hat that I thought would be fun to work with.  So next, I will start working with other media to add more blue hues around the pages.
Toodles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment