Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, February 27, 2017

A busy week

I have done quite a bit of practicing this past week, not atual tiles, just practiing strokes and patterns. I think I needed that grounding.

I did the journal prompt for Our Tangled Lives which featured leaves.  I love leaves - fall is one of my favorite times of the year with the colors of leaves, but the hint of green coming for spring is just as enticing to me.  With the weird weather this winter - it has been so much warmer than usual for winter - I can feel the spring coming.  So I reflected back to an e-lesson I took last summer from Cherryl Moote and spent a lot of time working on leaves.  I went through her lessons, and then researched many of my own pictures of leaves - the colors and the shapes - and decided I would use one of my accordion cards from the class I put together to teach and I actually wrote my first Haiku.

The Square One focus pattern this week is Yew-Dee. I have always enjoyed this pattern.  When I was teaching Illuminated Letter classes, it was one of the patterns I taught to use as a border pattern.  It makes an awesome border.   I mixed it here with Festune Too and some flux.

I saw a pattern this week called Reflections that really caught my eye, so I played with it for a while, and then in my tan journal, I did a ZIA using Reflections with some Laflor additions, Yew-Dee off the grid, with some printemps and tipple in the background using pencil rather than pen.  Oh yes, there was also a little bit of Molygon and some Bunzo! I really had a lot of fun with this piece and liked the drama I got with it.


I did two exercises this week from the Primer - Exercises 12 and 13 which both dealt with shading.  The first one was creating two tiles using Shattuck and Printemps, and shading them differently, and the second one was to use the pattern Crescent Moon and shade it in different ways.

Even though I did a lot of practicing, I still had quite a bit to show for the week.  Have a great week!




1 comment:

  1. Would love to know where the step-outs are for Reflections. I love your piece with that tangle pattern!! :)

    ReplyDelete