Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, February 20, 2017

Happy day!

President's Day Greetings! What a weird weather pattern. It has been in the 70s every day, and we have had no rain here for many days. Humidity is medium, which is unusual here. I am not complaining - I don't like cold weather. It just makes me wonder what kind of spring and summer we will have. In this part of the country, things will start greening up in another month or so. In fact, looking out my window right now, the grass isn't brown - it has green patches in it.

This past week I caught up with the Traveling Tangles Projects I had received.

First off was Holly Pacier from Pennsylvania. She sent three tiles - what a variety. Fun. The watercolor swatches begged for boldness so I went bold. The others were a fun challenge.
Stephanie Drewa from Wisconsin sent me this beautiful Renaissance piece. It really turned out great.



Jolanda Baan from The Netherlands sent me a wonderful basic Zentangle tile. I really enjoyed doing it. And the purple sprockets were fun -
Square One focus pattern this week was Trio, a pattern from Hanny Waldburger in Sweden. I have loved this pattern since I first saw it last year. Here I mixed it up with a Dragonair leaf and some caviar.




In the Zentangle Mosaic app, Rick and Maria did a Kitchen Table Tangle on Waybop, adding a series of auras, and finishing it up with "graphite is the new black" background. The first tile below is the one I did while watching the video.

Still playing with Waybop, I used a background made with ink sprayed on shaving cream and marbling the paper. I cut this down to a 5" circle and then placed it on a piece of scrapbook paper to frame it. The Waybop is done with Brown Micron 05, Black Micron 05, White Prismacolor, Gold Gelly Roll and White Uniball.

Hope you all have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment