Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Sending greetings

Traveling Tangles Project for March is to prepare a zendala.  I signed up to swap with four people and these went out in the mail to them.  I am excited to see what the mail brings for me.  I love zendalas.



Square One focus pattern this week is Por Fina.  I am not familiar with this pattern, so had to do some playing with it.  Here I used it as the focal with echoing, Sea Wave and Diva Dance.



Since I already had my Kala Dala stencils out, I decided to work on some more of the zendalas. The first one I took the flower of life stencil and turned it into a Celtic Knot string. Henna Drum made an outstanding outer pattern. I really enjoyed working on this one. The colored one, not so much. But I put it in here to show that even if you are not happy with one, you still keep on and salvage what you can with it. I wasn't crazy about the strings on this one, and then the Inktense colors bled outside the lines. So I had to keep working on it. I ended up using Blue Micron 01 to do the pattern work on it, and added more color and some echoing of lines. Ended up with a zendala that worked, just not a favorite.





















2 comments:

  1. Love your Zeldalas. What are the Kala Dala stencils you mention that you used. I've never heard of them. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The stencils can be foun here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/KalaDalasStencils

    ReplyDelete