Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Monday, April 3, 2017

Diva Challenge 310

Diva Challenge 310 is a UMT challenge (Use My Tangle) for the first of the month.  This week the UMT is Frunky by Katharina Konigsbauer-Kolb.  This is an example of no mistakes - new opportunity.  Katharina said she was planning to use pattern Floo and misunderstood a step.  Thus, Frunky was born. I combined the pattern with some echo lines and ended up with this.


For the first time in two years, I have skipped Diva Challenges.  I decided I was committed to too many weekly chores and not enjoying my art as much as I wanted to.  I have taken a lot of classes and purchased e-books and books that I need to study and play with more.  So I may be posting and blogging a lot less and doing more of what I really want to do.  I will pick and choose what challenges I will participate in but I will always be watching what everyone is doing though!!

18 comments:

  1. Love how you used the echo lines in this tile and the contrast in the bunzo like areas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful living tile with superb contrast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall be sorry not to see so much of you in future but I understand that you have to be selective in what you take on. This tile is gorgeous, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This reminds me of cornucopias in a cluster. Very nice. I understand your decision. There is so much out there to do and learn and just not enough time to do everything. Just don't feel guilty and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like what you did with your Frunky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat... nice work on your tile. It's nice to see so many other tangles mixed in with the challenge tangle. Very nicely organized. I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really fun! I love the bold striping;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh. they're wearing party hats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the dark lines in your tile! My tile for TTP is on it's way to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Frunky-Tile! I like the fine contrast.
    I understand your decision ... I have the same feelings! I think your decision is the right way!
    Hugs, Annette

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice idea to echo the Frunky patterns. As usual, it adds even more dimension. I totally understand your decision to take a step back from trying to do too much such that participation can become a chore even as one enjoys the process of creation. My problem is feeling "guilty" when I don't do the challenge and a blog post. How un-Zen is that!?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy to see you posting. And also choosing. Your Frunky looks happy and saucy if I might say.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Love your beautiful Frunky composition!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree with the others, excellent composition.

    ReplyDelete