Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Diva Challenge 325

This is another guest post from Jessica Davies.  Last week we SHARED THE LOVE with our hearts.  This week we are PAYING ATTENTION to an oft-overlooked pattern from Molly Hollibaugh - Peaknuckle.  I had the opportunity to see Molly drawing this tangle at Tangle U last year..  Molly is an amazing person to follow in her teachings.  I "understood" the tangle pattern after watching her.  She also has a You Tube video on creating the pattern which you can see here,

I used Peaknuckle with Adele Bruno's pattern "Sand" and "Y-Ful Power" by Shoshi.  I hadn't worked on my gray journal for a while, so it beckoned to me.  You can find the step-outs for the other patterns on TanglePatterns.com.
I hope you like it.  Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Pat! Well done. And yes, peanuckle is one of those tangles where it helps to see someone else doing it rather than just paying attention to the step outs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! I love that! The video made the difference for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the pleasure of watching Molly in person demonstrating Peanuckle, and I so wanted to do it right. But, no. Not then anyway. It took a long time for me to become comfortable with this tangle. Yours look like you took to it like a duck to water. Isn't it interesting how some tangles come easier than other, and different ones for different people. I also love the Y-ful Power in your tile! Lovely composition.

    ReplyDelete