Contact:

Pat Mathes,CZT
gramtangles@yahoo.com
Facebook: GramTangles

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Fun Time

I have had one issue with Zentangle art - my art can be very rigid.  I tend to follow the "rules" too much.  A straight line should look like a straight line - no wobbliness.  So, to say the least, I often become frustrated when creating my art because my hands are nowhere near steady - I have to really lose myself to overcome that feeling.  So I turn to whimsy.  There is no perfection in whimsy - in fact, just the opposite.  Assymetrical lines are the norm, not symmetrical.  And after spending 50 years in the legal world, the straight line is the rule!!  So I need to break that.  I am taking a couple of different on-line lessons.  One I am taking is "Quirky Birds" by Willowing Art.  I am having so much fun with this - I want to share one of my Quirky Birds I turned into a greeting card for a friend who is moving.
So the rule is to throw away the symmetry in these.  I am still not there, but it was a bit easier.  I am having fun with my birds.  (I have always been seen as a bit "cuckoo"!)

No comments:

Post a Comment